Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Yoga Music



There are people who enjoy practicing yoga with music, and others may find it distracting. I have yet to hear any complaints about music during class, and I actually find it more distracting without it. It's probably due to the studio being inside a loud and noisy gym.

I find that music during my yoga practice not only allows me relax and truly focus/meditate, but it will inspire the flowing nature of my practice as well. With that said, let me introduce you to one of my favorite artists. I have played some of her songs during our class and have received some inquiries on her. Her name is Donna De Lory, and this is her latest album. The entire album is sung in sanskrit, which makes it all the more interesting and melodic.

Take a listen here: .: donna de lory :.

Do you enjoy class with or without music? If so, what kind of music - more upbeat or slow, meditative tempo? Let me know!!!

No comments: