Thursday, April 26, 2007

Make Poverty History!


As some of you know, I am a grad student and last semester, I took a class called "Leadership". During this course, we had to select someone whom we thought to be great leaders in our society, and my group picked Bono. I was a bit hesitant in presenting him as our leader, because much of what I knew of him was his affiliation to U2 (and I LOVE their music). After further research, I was amazed and inspired by this man and his drive, desire, determination to make a change in this world. One of his many campaigns is ONE, which I am a member of.

We're working on a project right now where cities across the nation can declare themselves Cities of ONE. A City of ONE is publicly committed to the end of global poverty. As more cities across the country become cities of ONE, the end of extreme poverty and AIDS will no longer seem a distant goal, but rather a national priority.

Since I reside in Medford, I am asking my Mayor to make an official proclamation in support of ONE, and you should do the same. Just a handful of signatures in a city can make a proclamation happen. Sign the petition to make your city, our city a City of ONE.

Sign a petition asking your Mayor to make an official proclamation in support of the ONE Campaign.
sign petition here

It's time we do something to make a change... let's start now.

No comments: