Monday, June 4, 2007

Ahh.... It's the smell of relaxation

I am a huge fan of lavender scent, especially within the home space. Lavender is considered by many to be a natural, alternative remedy for a variety of common ailments ranging from anxiety, headaches, to insomnia, which is why it's seen in so many products from perfume, to hand wash, to lotions, and even laundry detergents. Studies have shown that lavender can ease stress, induce relaxation, and even invigorate the senses.

Recently, I purchased a home plug scent diffuser from Henri Bendel collection at Bath & Body Works in lavender (of course). A bit skeptical, because these diffusers never last more than a day, but surely enough, I was wrong. The scent is absolutely amazing -- clean, fresh, and cool.

So I wanted to mimic this in our yoga classes, because breathing is difficult as is in Ardha Chandrasana (Balancing Half Moon Pose), but to be able to breathe in a lovely, relaxing scent makes it all the easier and better... so I am going to try Method's lavendar lemongrass aroma pill during class this week.

For those in attendance, let me know what you think!




1 comment:

sammi said...

Argh!!!! I forgot this in the yoga room yesterday! I knew I would... hopefully, it will still be there next Wednesday.